My Fellow Americans,
While you’ve been sleeping, your birth rights have been cleverly swindled from your mother’s arms like a thief in the night. Your mother being The Constitution of the United States. This slumber you are in is one in which your eyes are open but your perception has been veiled by trickery and deceit. Indeed, you are not alone as our whole society has fallen into a hypnotic state of consciousness – a trance like stupor – in which, if not collectively aroused from, will result in totalitarian rule by default.
Ah, you might be thinking that my statement is overreaching the bounds of reality but… Reality is in the proof of the clever and methodical dismantling of our beloved Constitution. Let us examine each of the illustrious Amendments our forefathers betrothed us to measure the extent of the hostile invasion:
THE BILL OF RIGHTS
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
“Federal Restricted Buildings and Grounds Improvement Act of 2011.” The bill, H.R. 347,
- R. 347 makes protest of any type potentially a federal offense with anywhere from a year to 10 years in federal prison, providing it occurs in the presence of elites brandishing Secret Service protection, or during an officially defined ‘National Special Security Event’ (NSSE). NSSEs , ( an invention of Bill Clinton) are events which have been deemed worthy of Secret Service protection, which previously received no such treatment. Justified through part of ‘Presidential Decision Directive 62 in 1998; Bill Clinton created an additional class of special events explicitly under the authority of the U.S. Secret Service.
A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
This one is less obscure and “in your face” on an almost daily basis. The current administration has been quick to exploit selective (suspect) events to push a tireless gun control/elimination agenda. None of the “we need to eliminate guns” rhetoric is ever backed up with statistical fact instead, the administration exploits the emotions of the heart of the people.
No soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.
Law professor Ilya Somin wrote in the Washington Post:
Back in 2013, a lot of attention focused on a Third Amendment claim against Henderson, Nevada police officers. I wrote about the case here. The Third Amendment, which forbids the “quartering” of “soldiers” in private homes without the owner’s consent, is often the butt of jokes because it is so rarely litigated. But in this case, a Nevada family claimed that local police had violated the Amendment by forcibly occupying their home in order to gain a “tactical advantage” against suspected criminals in the neighboring house.
In this recent ruling, federal district court Judge Andrew Gordon dismissed the Third Amendment claim [HT: VC reader Sean Flaim]. Although it occurred several weeks ago, the ruling seems to have gotten very little attention from either the media or legal commentators outside Nevada. That is unfortunate, because the ruling raises important issues about the scope of the Third Amendment, and its applicability against state and local governments. Here are the key passages from the opinion:
In the present case, various officers of the HPD and NLVPD entered into and occupied Linda’s and Michael’s home for an unspecified amount of time (seemingly nine hours), but certainly for less than twenty-four hours. The relevant questions are thus whether municipal police should be considered soldiers, and whether the time they spent in the house could be considered quartering. To both questions, the answer must be no.
I hold that a municipal police officer is not a soldier for purposes of the Third Amendment. This squares with the purpose of the Third Amendment because this was not a military intrusion into a private home, and thus the intrusion is more effectively protected by the Fourth Amendment. Because I hold that municipal officers are not soldiers for the purposes of this question, I need not reach the question of whether the occupation at issue in this case constitutes quartering, though I suspect it would not.
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
The USA Freedom Act (formerly known as the Patriot Act) gives the government the right to search your home and monitor all of your activities if you are part of a group that’s on the FBIs watch list for domestic terrorism. That sounds good, right? It does until you review the list of groups the FBI considers to be possible domestic terrorist.
- Those that talk about “individual liberties”
- Those that advocate for states’ rights
- Those that want “to make the world a better place”
- “The colonists who sought to free themselves from British rule”
- Those that are interested in “defeating the Communists”
- Those that believe “that the interests of one’s own nation are separate from the interests of other nations or the common interest of all nations”
- Anyone that holds a “political ideology that considers the state to be unnecessary, harmful, or undesirable”
- Anyone that possesses an “intolerance toward other religions”
- Those that “take action to fight against the exploitation of the environment and/or animals”
- “The Patriot Movement”
- “Opposition to equal rights for gays and lesbians”
- Members of the Family Research Council
- Members of the American Family Association
- Those that believe that Mexico, Canada and the United States “are secretly planning to merge into a European Union-like entity that will be known as the ‘North American Union’”
- Members of the American Border Patrol/American Patrol
- Members of the Federation for American Immigration Reform
- Members of the Tennessee Freedom Coalition
- Members of the Christian Action Network
- Anyone that is “opposed to the New World Order”
- Anyone that is engaged in “conspiracy theorizing”
- Anyone that is opposed to Agenda 21
- Anyone that is concerned about FEMA camps
- Anyone that “fears impending gun control or weapons confiscations”
- The militia movement
- The sovereign citizen movement
- Those that “don’t think they should have to pay taxes”
- Anyone that “complains about bias”
- Anyone that “believes in government conspiracies to the point of paranoia”
- Anyone that “is frustrated with mainstream ideologies”
- Anyone that “visits extremist websites/blogs”
- Anyone that “establishes website/blog to display extremist views”
- Anyone that “attends rallies for extremist causes”
- Anyone that “exhibits extreme religious intolerance”
- Anyone that “is personally connected with a grievance”
- Anyone that “suddenly acquires weapons”
- Anyone that “organizes protests inspired by extremist ideology”
- “Militia or unorganized militia”
- “General right-wing extremist”
- Citizens that have “bumper stickers” that are patriotic or anti-U.N.
- Those that refer to an “Army of God”
- Those that are “fiercely nationalistic (as opposed to universal and international in orientation)”
- Those that are “anti-global”
- Those that are “suspicious of centralized federal authority”
- Those that are “reverent of individual liberty”
- Those that “believe in conspiracy theories”
- Those that have “a belief that one’s personal and/or national ‘way of life’ is under attack”
- Those that possess “a belief in the need to be prepared for an attack either by participating in paramilitary preparations and training or survivalism”
- Those that would “impose strict religious tenets or laws on society (fundamentalists)”
- Those that would “insert religion into the political sphere”
- Anyone that would “seek to politicize religion”
- Those that have “supported political movements for autonomy”
- Anyone that is “anti-abortion”
- Anyone that is “anti-Catholic”
- Anyone that is “anti-nuclear”
- “Rightwing extremists”
- “Returning veterans”
- Those concerned about “illegal immigration”
- Those that “believe in the right to bear arms”
- Anyone that is engaged in “ammunition stockpiling”
- Anyone that exhibits “fear of Communist regimes”
- “Anti-abortion activists”
- Those that are against illegal immigration
- Those that talk about “the New World Order” in a “derogatory” manner
- Those that have a negative view of the United Nations
- Those that are opposed “to the collection of federal income taxes”
- Those that supported former presidential candidates Ron Paul, Chuck Baldwin and Bob Barr
- Those that display the Gadsden Flag (“Don’t Tread On Me”)
- Those that believe in “end times” prophecies
- Evangelical Christians
Are you on this list? If so, you are considered a possible terrorist and the 4th amendment no longer pertains to you.
No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.
Under the USA Freedom Act, if you are deemed a domestic terrorist, you have no 5th Amendment rights.
In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.
Under the USA Freedom Act, if you are deemed a domestic terrorist, you have no 6th Amendment rights.
In suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise reexamined in any court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.
Legislators and others are doing all they can to try to weaken this system in recent years. They are proposing “tort reform” and “caps on damages” as ways to weaken the fundamental purpose of the jury system. Any restrictions on the jury system and jury powers are dangerous to our ability to achieve justice and a fair outcome in the courtroom.
- Tort Reform – politicians want to enforce award limits as a way to force acceptance of lower awards and as a way to influence a victim to not pursue lawsuits. Some are lobbying for new rules that would force a victim who loses their case to pay all the legal fees of the defendant. If that defendant is a major corporation, like GM, the financial pain on the victim would be crushing.
- Caps on Damages – this limits compensation awards to injured victims after they win a case. This undermines the fundamental purpose of a jury. Juries determine the amount of awards based on the case evidence and damage to a victim. When caps apply, some cases never get into the courtroom because the costs involved in pursuing the lawsuit are too high. Other cases are stopped prior to court in a pre-trial settlement because that is usually far less costly to defendants than to risk punitive damages and high awards a jury may levy upon them.
- Restricting access to legal representation by eliminating the contingency fee system. Costs of seeking justice through the court system would become impossibly high, so the victim is thus denied access to an attorney.
- Contracts containing forced arbitration clauses are another way to side-step jury trials.
- Health Courts – another way to abolish juries from cases of medical malpractice.
- Federal bills contain clauses that “preempt” state laws and prevent civil lawsuit filing.
Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.
Under the USA Freedom Act, if you are deemed a domestic terrorist, you have no 6th Amendment rights.
The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.
Given the blatant disregard for the Constitution by this administration and the previous, one would assume that Federal Authority trump States Rights. That assumption would be incorrect as so eloquently explained by James Madison.
“The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite. The former will be exercised principally on external objects, as war, peace, negotiation and foreign commerce. … The powers reserved to the several States will extend to all the objects which in the ordinary course of affairs, concern the lives and liberties, and properties of the people, and the internal order, improvement and prosperity of the State.”
― James Madison
We’ve entered a perilous time in the history of our Republic. A time in which the administration has waged a comprehensive assault on our Constitution; in the endeavor to disqualify the rights of the American people. The bells of liberty are thundering an ominous tone attempting to arouse the inhabitants of this nation from their hypnotic trance. Will you heed the warning and claim the birthright of liberty and the pursuit of happiness or will you simply sleep through the presage of a tyrannical government requisitioning your precious chattel of freedom?